Monday, August 9, 2010

Am I getting old..... OH GOD!!!


This weekend, my GF went waterskiing with the girls from work. I love the lake house, so much fun and there's not much better than Waterskiing and Wake boarding or just sitting by the lake or in the water floating around.
But this weekend, It was a girls only trip that they do once a year at one of the girls lake houses. The house is on this beautiful little lake, they have a ski boat and a pontoon boat that they play with and it's a great place to get away and just relax. I really love that my GF goes and does things with her girlfriends. It gives us time to be without each other an allows us time to "want to be together" It also allows ME to get some things done around my house that I might otherwise neglect since I work during the week and then want to play on the weekends...

This weekend, my GF kept calling me and asking me what I was doing, where I was, who I was with and so on... now, most any other time, I would take those calls as jealousy or insecurity.... but this time, I realized that she just wanted to be hanging out with me and not her girlfriends... more than once I had to tell her to get off the phone, to stop calling me and to have fun. Of course, I did this with humor and tact so that she wouldn't be upset but I wanted her to be present where she was and not to be thinking about what was going on at home...

You see, her 16 yr. old Daughter was staying with me while she was away. I also had my 12 yr old with us. We spent time working on the house, doing some yard work, playing video games until all hours of the night, watching TV together, doing computer stuff and then we went to a movie yesterday... all and all I'd say we had a pretty good time!

You might ask yourself, "so, what's OLD about that" well, let me tell you....

First of all, I love being a dad and I really enjoy my GF's daughter, when her mom isn't around (she's more respectful) and I love playing games and hanging out with the kids... but the "OLD" me would have been out the door about the time the GF's tail lights disappeared! I'd have been out on my Bike, cruising the town, heading to the clubs, going away on my own little "adventures" it's almost scary that I don't have those desires anymore... I'm almost scared about it! I guess I'm starting to feel comfortable in my old skin... I think I'm also feeling more comfortable in my relationship so that I don't have to seek out others to fill me up. I'm getting enough at home... That's one line I thought I would never type !!!


So, what about you? Do you go out every time your GF/BF goes out of town?

Are you still feeling restless and if so, what do you think is causing it?

Does your current relationship fill all of those holes that you were always seeking others to fill?


Would love to hear others thoughts on this, THANKS !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my relationship most definitely does not fill all of the holes...sigh. That of course has sent me looking. It is good that you are at a place where you feel comfortable. Nothing wrong with that!

KC's point of view said...

Welcome Gwen,
Believe me, I've been in many relationships that didn't as well... I had been single for quite some time and only recently started feeling this way about a woman I've dated for 2 years on the 11th of this month! That's pretty long in my relationship world (post divorce)
I hope you find what it is that makes you feel good about you.. and then you'll be able to find that in others as well. We al deserve happiness so don't settle for less.
Thank you again for your post!

said...

My bf definitely fills all of my holes.

*giggle*

I'm sorry KC. I couldn't resist! :)

Um, in all seriousness, since we're long distance, I do have my own life. I don't desire to get out and meet others. I'm perfectly content being at home or having some quiet time with friends between visits with my man.

Great post. Happy to see you content!

KC's point of view said...

You crack me up T ! Thanks!
I know what you mean about the long distance thing. I did it too for a 1 1/2 years. You can't help but find things to keep you busy when you're away. Glad you find "G" rated things to do... like blogging! LOL
You man is a lucky man to have you in his life, I hope he counts his blessings!