Thursday, September 16, 2010

Some nights are just lousy

Last night started off as most nights. I got home from work, did a few chores and then settled in to watch a little TV while I waited for the GF to come over. Wed. and Thurs. Nights are our "Do Stuff together" nights and normally, we base our weeks around those nights and the weekends. Last night was no different.

See, she's a hairdresser and those two nights are the nights she works late and then stays at my house instead of going home. It's been that way for almost two years except for the occasional "change of plans" that happens when you both have kids.

I got the call about 8:00 from her, nothing unusual, she normally calls when she's about to leave the shop and let me know that she was on her way. It was her on the phone and she told me that her old boyfriend came by for a haircut and that he was hungry and wanted to take her to get something to eat. He's married, has a son and a pretty wife and he's pretty harmless but she told me a few months ago, when we were having one of our "talks" that he always has wanted her and that even thou he's married, before we were together, she'd fucked him.

Well, I've been feeling a little out of sorts lately and I wondered if maybe I'd missed something. A sign, some comment, something that would have led up to this... but I couldn't think of any... so, anyway, she said she was going to go out to dinner and if I wanted to meet him, to meet them at a restaurant that's not too far from my house. I figured what the hell, There wasn't any reason that I couldn't meet this guy so I went to the restaurant and met them. He seemed like a pretty good guy. We talked about all kinds of stuff. We knew a lot of the same people having both grown up in the same area but different circle of friends. It was a good evening. I thought it went well. Then....

Knowing that I was going to be out of town this weekend, up in the mountains with my guy friends being mountain men, she invited herself to go down to watch his son in race that he is in. She didn't want to drive with them so she was going to drive her own car. So he and her came up with another guy, another old friend, that was best friends with her other boyfriend, (they all ran in the same circle) that she could go down with to watch the race. It's about 90 miles to where they had to go and wouldn't be back until about 1:00 in the morning.

Now, I've been working on those feelings of jealousy and I've been doing really good at not having them. I mean, I just met the old boyfriend, I was going to be out of town and there isn't any cell service where our ranch is and there are about 25 other girls she could invite to go with her, she decides that inviting this guy is a good idea... well... I didn't...

I told her that I didn't feel comfortable with her plans and thats when she started getting all defensive. Voice went up and octave, she got louder, ( I forgot to mention that she had a couple of drinks prior to my arrival at the restaurant) and she told me that they were just friends and that she could do whatever she wanted... I agreed and then I said, "so, I guess you don't mind if I start going out with my old girlfriends and other women that I used to hang out with... that's when she started yelling, and then left the room.

So, I guess I hit a nerve. She didn't say a word to me the rest of the night, and to be honest, I was OK with that. This morning, I couldn't wait for her to leave...

Isn't it funny how it's OK that she hangs out with old GUY friends but as soon as I mentioned me doing it with old GIRL friends, she flipped. She said, that they were just her FRIENDS and that if I hung out with girl "friends" that I would be trying to have sex with them... doesn't she realize, that THAT is what THEY are trying to do with her??

Well, I see the end coming for this relationship... it's to bad too, I thought she had potential... such is life....

6 comments:

said...

Um.... wow.

This sounds familiar.

Rascal and I have been through this stuff too. I DO have lots of GUY and GIRL friends that I've had sex with. And we still hang out. And it has made him feel uncomfortable. And he'd said the same thing about hanging out with old girlfriends and/or partners. And I flipped too.

And I agree with her. I flipped because I DID point out that guys that want to go out with old girlfriends could possibly fall back into sex with them. And he pointed out that these guys/girls wanted to have sex with me.

BUT I DIDN'T SEE IT THAT WAY.

So... interesting post here that hits home for me. The problem with me is that I was friends with these people before I ever had sex with them... so they were ALWAYS friends. Friends with benefits, not potential life partners.

With him, the girls he'd been with were met-at-a-bar-one-night-stands or potential relationships that didn't work out. He isn't necessarily friends with them. And the ones he IS friends with, I've come to know as friends too.

I dunno. It's weird, our sexual past and how it affects current relationships. We have to discuss our jealous feelings and be understanding of each other. We have to continue to build trust and talk through our feelings about these other people. It's not always the most comfortable of conversations but we do have them. We always feel better afterwards.

I have wondered about the fact (as Rascal pointed out) that these people do want to have sex with me again. I wonder if, for a girl, it feels good to know that someone else wants you, even though you have no desire to do anything about it? Maybe? And maybe it feels different/safer to us because we're not prone to thinking about sex every 10 seconds like men are? We also know how women think... and are convinced that if you went out with an old girlfriend who had feelings for you and she wanted to have sex? It might happen.

We are the ones who control the pussy, ya know? Does that make sense?

I do know this: one of my female sex partners approached me recently with the desire to have sex again (a surprise to me and not Rascal) and I declined. Then we went to lunch the next day. I felt comfortable with meeting her and Rascal did too. He actually trusted me more because she was upfront and I turned it down.

Good luck with this, KC. It's not easy, I know.

(sorry for the long comment)

Anonymous said...

That sucks... I'm sorry sweetie. I agree with T. Women see it differently.....BUT I think it is also important to note that she should have been more understanding about your feelings. If she knew it bothered you then she could have easily changed her plans. I hope things work out the way you want them.
Xoxo

KC's point of view said...

Thanks T for the understanding... men are different... not much else to say.. ! (g)

Gwen, appreciate the note. Things are better today..

I'll comment more when I get back from the ranch. Heading out right now.

Have a great weekend!

KC

KC's point of view said...

Well, I had a great weekend at the ranch and when I got home, my GF was waiting for me. She had made dinner and got a movie and we sat and talked. We didn't work out all our differences but at least she heard me and decided that maybe she wasn't thinking things through last week. It felt good to talk and "hear" each other. I think we're on a better path right now. Sometimes it takes some time away to help think clearly...
Thank you T and Glen for being there... sometimes, that's all it takes.
Hugs and kiss' to you both,

KC

said...

Glad all is well, KC. Communicating, even if you agree to disagree, is extremely helpful.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that! I agree, getting away then coming back to the problem seems to help. Good for you!
xoxo