Monday, July 18, 2011

It's been a while

Hi all,
     It's been a while since I've blogged. Life had kept me pretty busy. My kids are out of school, I'm doing a lot of work for my Motorcycle group. We're making money to support our Big event that we have every October. This year it's being held on October 1st at the Petaluma Fair Grounds. Car show, Motorcycle show, Music, booths, sites and sounds with a great group of people and for a great cause. We're going to be donating our profits from the event to FINDING A CURE FOR BREAST CANCER. One of our members died this year from that deadly disease. We are also donating to Help the Children which helps kids in distress. Who says that motorcycle groups are bad.....



I am recouping from a 7 day road trip to the North. Spent 2 days in Klamath Falls, 3 days in Sisters OR. 1 day in Eagle Pointe OR. One day in Weaverville CA and then down 101 home. 1500 miles but we spent most of our time visiting with old and new friends. What a great trip!

I promised my girlfriend that since we've done two motorcycle trips and she didn't complain HARDLY at all, that we would do something different on our next trip.

We had a really good discussion on the last night of our trip. She's been dealing with a "little" weight problem. We laid it on the line. I asked her " if you were at your primary weight, how much weight would you like to loose?" She responded that 25 to 30 pounds would be ideal for her. I told her that I too would like to loose some weight. I'm about 10 pounds overweight but more so, I would like to firm up my abdominal muscles. SO, I proposed this to her. I told her that I would walk with her, go to the gym with her whenever she wanted and I would help her by not buying crappy food and eat more healthy. I also told her that if she could reach her "GOAL" of losing 30 pounds by December 15th, that I would take her to Cabo San Lucas for
10 days. She's been wanting to go somewhere tropical but she hasn't wanted to go lately with the extra weight she's carrying.

It really was a great talk, We are now working on our goals. We have one rule though, NO CRASH DIETING. We want to lose the weight, but we also want to maintain a healthy lifestyle so that it doesn't come back. I think she's in a good place right now and wants to work toward this goal. So do I.

So, I hope that all of you living in the sweltering heat are finding a way to keep cool. It's in the 60's to low 80's here in Marin Co. California. That Pacific Ocean seems to keep things fairly calm around here.

Keep smiling,
HUGS,
KC

2 comments:

WD said...

Hey KC, your motor trip sounds like a soul satisfaction cruise. Kudos to you for making a bargain with your girl. My wifey has been up an down for all of our 36plus years. Holidays are dieter death time. Good luck with T-day. That will be a real test. You both can do it! Keep your readers appraised of your little successes and fess up to the slips (if they were to say, occur). I'm in Marin, too and there are so many trails and beaches to hike to burn off the inches. Your idea a healthy diet has got to be the key. Clean out the cupboards. Check out the "paleo-diet". My wife just eats very robust salads, greek yoghurt, and chicken (no skin) and occasional steak. She hates fish (sad,but true). Breads are deadly to diets,too. Some fats are OK. We men lose weight easily by comparison. Her success will stem very directly from your ditching the sweets, sourdough, tropical fruits, etc. Nutrition rules. Continued success, amigo. W.D. aka Orca (or The Observer on Kat's blog). Cheers!

KC's point of view said...

Ahhhh I have to give up Sour dough??? that's my vise! Working on lots of salads and fish and eating regularly. I can drop weight easily but I have to eat right around the woman... don't want to temp her.. she is WEAK! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. It's much appreciated!

KC