Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Working through the Work Dreads..

Have you ever just NOT wanted to go to work? I have a job, a great job! I don't have to work 60 hrs a week. I don't have to work on the weekends. I don't have to spend night after night rolling over in my bed thinking about WORK. I'm good at what I do... BUT....


Lately, I'm dealing with a lot of things that don't have anything to do with work but that still take up a lot of my "thinking" which seems to use up a lot of my energy. Work gets in the way of dealing with the other issues that I have. I'm taking care of a parent that has a terminal illness and it's very draining watch this person wither away... it seems all the good people in this world... die early... Have you seen this as well?


You see, I've been doing my job for 40 yrs. and I'm only in my low 50's. Yes, a family business. My father said, " I do it " so, " you'll do it too". My job has paid for a lot of fun and some not so fun times...


There isn't any real reason that I've found myself in this little funk.
I just want to rest. Read and stay warm...... I know, tomorrow is a new day and tomorrow, I'm going to work. I also know that once I get on the job, I'll be fine, it's just leaving home right now that I'm having a tough time doing.. at least if it's for work. I don't seem to have any problems going to the beach or taking a motorcycle ride or staying up late at night reading other Blogs... I just have to get a little balance I believe.


Taking care of a sick loved one really takes a lot out of a person.

Anybody else have any experience with this? I'd be interested in hearing about it.

No comments: