Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day


Well, it's Fathers Day and for some reason, I'm missing my dad this morning. I'm sitting here, writing this note since my kids aren't up yet and to be honest, we haven't decided what we're going to do today... There's Elvin Bishop at Rancho Nicacio, and then there's the Save Mart 350 at Infinion Raceway... but to tell you the truth, I think I'd rather go sit by one of the lakes in the county, put up a chair, put a salmon egg on a hook, add a bobber and watch it float in the breeze. Relaxing, sitting with my kids, and just talking and laughing...

Yesterday our Motorcycle group went for a ride to Clearlake. It was a beautiful ride, lots to look at and I love the different smells along the road when I'm riding... it's really amazing how much you miss out on when you're in a car...

Where we went I spend most of my childhood summers. Summer Camp at Clearlake! It really brought back some strong memories of my dad. It was because of him that I was able to spend 2 months of every summer sitting on a lake, waterskiing, swimming and going to camp... it was a special place to be for me yesterday and I'm glad I was able to experience it.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Be well!

No comments: