Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Stress

I don't know why, but lately, I've been feeling really stressed... dealing with my sick mother, a girlfriend that wants ALL of my attention. Wanting to spend time with my kids without outside people being around... Anxiety, Male menopause.. whatever you want to call it but my patience level has been KNILL!
Work has been slow, trying to plan vacation time, dealing with everyone else's schedule in order to fit it into my schedule... I guess that means.... overwhelmed.. but I don't think I've been dealing with it very well.
Monday, I meditated about it and felt some relief. I talked to the two people that I felt were stressing me out and realized that it was me that was causing a lot of it. I think I'm feeling smothered... and I don't know what to do about it. So, I had a talk with the GF last night and let her know that it wasn't her, that I needed some down time so that I could feel better about myself. Hoping that she would realize that maybe if she backed off a bit, it would be better for our relationship.
I'm trying to take some time for myself but feeling pressure that I need to be there for others and it's weighing on me. Of course, when I pull back, the GF thinks that something is wrong with "US" and I try to tell her that it's just that I need some alone time. It's something I'm trying to work through...

What is the "right" way to let someone know that you just need some down time?

How do you deal with pressure without hurting other peoples feelings?

I know that taking care of myself is the most important thing but I hate hurting others...

Meditation helped on Monday, bought another book, " No Self, No Problem" maybe I just need to get out of myself for a little while... can anyone say VACATION!


Have a great week!

2 comments:

said...

Just saw this quote today. Maybe it will help you like it helps me:

It is not your role to make others happy; it is your role to keep yourself in BALANCE. You only ever uplift from your position of strength and clarity and alignment.
~Abraham-Hicks

Also, I tend to say, "I want to be a better me. For YOU."

Hope that helps.

(And thanks for the compliment!)

KC's point of view said...

Thanks T, Today is a better day!


And you're welcome!