Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A healthy conversation with the loved one

Last night I spent 2 1/2 hrs on the phone with my GF. Now, you may not believe this but I hate talking on the phone. When I do talk on the phone, it's normally to say what I need to say and then I get off. Normally no more that a couple of minutes. My GF always tells me " you never talk to me on the phone" or "why can't you spend some time talking to me on the phone" I just never like to sit and waste time on the phone when I can be doing something else.


Well, last night I spent some time on the phone with her. I think it's funny how an out of this world date in SF can bring two people closer together. I mean, we were close before but this weekend, we passed into another area of our relationship. We passed into the TOTAL TRUST zone, so to speak. It was a fulfilling, exhilarating experience that I think brought us closer together and according to her, she felt the same way. All of those fears, doubts and uncomfortable feeling were gone.


When we first started dating, almost 2 years ago, we talked about being able to explore our sexual desires without the other feeling hurt or anxious. It's taken a few experiences and a lot of late night talks to realize it. Today I feel "open" and able to share pretty much anything I want with her. I also feel that she can do the same and we will be OK.

For some reason, I was holding back. Always keeping my walls up, just a little, so that I couldn't be hurt or let down or attacked... I didn't want to expose myself completely. Now, I'm working on expressing myself without the holdbacks. It's a work in progress but something I'm striving for.


Have you ever felt that your life finally opened up so that your significant other could see inside your world without worry?

Have you talked TOTALLY openly about your wants (sexually) and desires with your partner at the risk of losing it all?

How did it make you feel once you confided in your partner?

I'm interested in hearing others opinions about this!

Raining here but hoping for some breaks in the weather for some Dog walking time. Have a great day!

2 comments:

said...

I like to be open and honest in my relationship regarding everything from sex to money.

But, as you say, I think we all keep walls up for a while. Interesting that you guys have dated for 2 years before you're feeling that comfortable. I think you're right. Sometimes, it just does take that long to feel safe.

Awesome that you're growing together.

KC's point of view said...

Thanks T. Yes, I was in a nasty little breakup a few years ago and it's taken me some time to feel that I could trust someone enough to let the guards down.

Feels kind of good !!