Monday, May 10, 2010

Hiking in Marin

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day. I read today about some people that feel we shouldn't celebrate Mothers Day because its become a "Hallmark" day. Well, I think those people need a hug! I care about my mother every day but it's nice to make a day a SPECIAL day so that, even at her age, I can spoil her. What's one day out of your busy schedule to bring a smile to your mothers face.



I spent Saturday hiking the hills of Marin. I've lived in Marin on and off for a long time and even to this day, I still find incredible places to go. Places I've never been. My mother was into taking us kids all over Marin on hikes and we would spend many days hiking the hills of Marin. It's amazing to live in such a beautiful place. I forget that there are many people in this world that don't have such a beautiful place to live. Lakes, Hills, Bays, Beaches. The list goes on and on.


If you haven't hiked the Carson Creek trail to the 90 foot waterfalls. It's a fairly easy hike. Our hike totaled 3.7 miles total. Some fire roads and some nice trails under the trees. Once you get close to the falls, the trail gets a little steeper and if you do like we did, you can hike down another quarter mile to some other pools below the waterfalls. I took my puppy and the puppies mother. My puppy must have put in an extra 5 miles... She loved it!


I'm looking forward to finding another hiking wonder spot next soon. I'll let you know where it is once I find it!

If you have any suggestions for hikes, please let me know. I'm always looking for new locations! Thanks.

No comments: