Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Celebrating the Giants World Series Win!

Last night, I was at the local sports bar watching the World Series. The crowd was larger than normal. We go to  Moylan's every Monday night to watch Monday Night Football but on this night, we were watching the Giants win their first World Series since moving to San Francisco. 52 years ago.
On that final pitch, the bar erupted into a joyous frenzy!! People were hugging, high fiving, screaming, crying... it was a sight to see. I love things like that. I almost teared up just thinking about what those young men must have been going through at that moment. I reminded me of my younger days in High School when we won the Soccer Title in our little area or when we went 15 and 0 in Baseball one year... There aren't many things that can make you feel those feelings. Of having worked so hard and then in the end..... Won!
It was a great event. I went to bed feeling really proud of our team....
Then I woke up. Turned on the news and saw all the "joyous" people that had been celebrating in SF... Most of them were just as excited about the win as I was... and then there were the "OTHER" people... the ones that decided that a Giants victory was an excuse to riot....
It makes me ill to think that of all the HAPPY people that were on the streets last night, the idiots that wanted to cause trouble were the ones that mad the News.... Why do we give these people face time on the TV?
What happened yesterday was a GREAT MOMENT in History... what happened after, was what's wrong with our world. Down and out people looking for excuses to cause trouble... I heard of a couple of people being pulled from their car and beaten... in what way is that a CELEBRATION???

Congratulations to the Bay Area for a wonderful Victory!
And to all those that feel they need to destroy others property, steal from or injure others.... FUCK YOU! I hope you wake up in jail and find out you're going to be spending a whole lot of time sitting behind bars!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay so I'm a Rangers fan....I know I know! I have to agree....there are always a few people that mess it up for everyone else. Love the pic btw...funny.
xoxo

KC's point of view said...

Sorry about your Rangers Gwen... but to lose to such a young group of men... it's not that bad. The Rangers had a GREAT year!
I guess it's time to "erase" the beard! Smiles...

Thank you for posting a note,,,, I get lonely over here!

Happy Friday!
KC